Score Board
Boys Varsity Basketball vs. ELEANOR ROOSEVELT HIGH
Win - Score: 39-36
Boys Varsity Basketball vs. SHERWOOD HIGH
Win - Score: 71-62
Boys Varsity Basketball vs. WINSTON CHURCHILL HIGH
Win - Score: 54-39
Boys Varsity Basketball vs. THOMAS S. WOOTTON HIGH
Win - Score: 82-40
Boys Varsity Basketball vs. QUINCE ORCHARD HIGH
Win - Score: 61-39
View Game Summary
Girls Varsity Basketball vs. WALT WHITMAN HIGH
Loss - Score: 49-62
Boys Varsity Basketball vs. WINSTON CHURCHILL HIGH
Win - Score: 65-39
Girls Varsity Basketball vs. WINSTON CHURCHILL HIGH
Loss - Score: 23-59
Boys Varsity Basketball vs. SHERWOOD HIGH
Win - Score: 66-53
Girls Varsity Basketball vs. SHERWOOD HIGH
Loss - Score: 34-45
Announcements and Important Events

FAQ About Athletics

Date Posted: Tuesday Jan 24, 2012

Magruder Athletics FAQ

Question:  Does my child need to tryout or does everyone make the team?  Answer:  It depends on the team.  While sports like football and wrestling do not have cuts, many of the teams do.  It is best to check with the head coach.

Question:  When does practice start? Answer:  Fall mid August, winter usually Nov 15th, spring usually March 1st.  If that day is a Sunday, then it will be the day before.

Question:  Does my child need to be there every day? Answer:  YES!  This is competitive high school sports.  Our coaches have the same expectations on the field as the teachers in the classroom.   

Question:  My child woke up sick and came to school late, can they still play/practice?Answer:  No.  Your child must be in all their scheduled classes each day.  If they miss/skip class they cannot practice or play.     

Question:  What if we have a doctors’ appointment or family emergency?  Answer:  They need to turn in a note the day before the absence.  It is called a pre-approved absence.   This will allow them to participate on the day they miss class.

Question:  What forms do I need? Answer:  You need a physical(good for 365 days), Parent-Athlete Handbook contract, emergency medical form, and any sport specific  forms(i.e. cut forms, insurance forms)

Question:  What is the ECA fee and what do I do with it?  Answer:  The ECA fee is a county fee to participate in extra-curricular activities.   Do not bring it to the school.  It goes directly to MCPS.  You must pay this to play a sport.

Question:  What does it cost to attend a game?  Answer:  Adult  $5, Student $3,Child $1. 

Question:  What is a season/year pass?  Answer:  An athletic pass can be purchased online at .  It will allow the bearer admission to the home game without waiting to buy a ticket.   If you frequent sport events at Magruder, it can be a money saver.  They are only good for Magruder Home Games.          

Question: How can I help and get involved?  Answer:  You can volunteer to work at the home games, you can join the booster club or you can ask the coach.              

Question:  How do I get in contact with the coach?   Answer: Every coach has their email address on the athletic website.  You can email them at any time.

Question:  What if it is raining?  What if a game is rescheduled?  Answer:  DO NOT CALL THE SCHOOL.  We will post the information on the athletic website, and put announcements and the electronic message board in the outside the athletic director’s office.  We will post this information as soon as we know it.

Question:  Where can I find out more information? Answer:  Go to the athletic website:   Most of your questions can be answered by visiting the site.  Try emailing the head coach.  Each team has their own way of doing things.                                                           


Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the BigTeams User Agreement.